All That's Known
Bonus XP Package
Each character can earn a one-time award of up to 15 XP by filling in various extra information about the character. These contributions don’t have to be done all at once, and they don’t have to be completed before the start of play. If you want to make a portrait right away, but you end up saving your character history until later, that’s fine— you’ll get credited for each component as it is completed. The Bonus XP Package is worth 10 XP in all, broken down as follows:
- 1 XP for a 100×100px “user icon”-style image for your character, for wiki use. (I’ll be glad to help if you want a border in the style of the gods’ similar pictures on this wiki.)
- 1 XP for a general character history: your childhood, your life before your Visitation, what you’ve been doing as a Scion up to the point where the game begins, whatever you like.
- 1 XP for a description of your Visitation, and a few sentences about your relationship with your divine parent. (Does that god approve of you? Do you approve of him/her?)(NOTE:Your visitation will be in-game. This is a description from your character’s point of view of how it went and how they feel about it and can only be written AFTER it has been run for you in the course of the game.)
- 1 XP for an in-depth description of one of your Relics or other Birthrights. What great heroes owned it before you did? In what past deeds of legend did it have a role? How did it come into your possession?
- 1 XP for descriptions of at least three significant mortals you know. These can be family members, childhood friends you haven’t spoken to in years, close confidants who know your true heritage, business partners, romantic interests, whatever you like. Expect them to show up during the course of the game.
- 1 XP for a list of at least three gods who may have taken an interest in your character, even if your character doesn’t know it yet. (This list should not include your Divine Parent, and should include at least one god from a pantheon that is not your own.) Do these gods approve (or disapprove) of your actions so far? Do they have big plans for you? Expect them to show up during the course of the game. (These can and may be refuted by the ST based on the behaviour of the gods in their world)
- 1 XP for an in-character description of the each of the other player’s Scions in the game. How do you feel about your colleagues? Do you approve of their methods or find them distasteful? Do you have any common ground with any of them? What’s most likely to generate conflict between you and each of the others?
- 1 XP for a general notion on what you’re eventually going to become the God or Goddess of, if you make it that far. (It’s perfectly okay if this changes over the course of the game.)
- 1 XP for a literary- or mythological-style theme that you want to feature prominently in your character’s Legend. (Examples: “death and rebirth”, “pride cometh before a fall”, “a gentle lie vs. a harsh truth”, “if it seems too good to be true…”, etc.)
- 1 XP for art of your character.
- 5 XP for a character OST. Minimum 7 tracks. (Personal themes, songs for how they feel about others, etc.)